- Com-Server (serial)
- Interfaces for USB, RS232, RS422, RS485 and 20mA +-
- Isolators, Fibre Optic Interfaces and Line Drivers +-
- Printer Interface
- USB for industrial use +-
- Latest Added
- Network Infrastructure +-
- Serial PC cards +-
- Surplus stock
- TCP/IP-Ethernet USB
- W&T Accessories +-
- W&T Special Offers
- WEB Count
- WEB IO Alarm
- WEB IO Analog
- WEB IO Climate
- WEB IO Digital 24V +-
- Web-IO Digital 230V
- WT Old Product
One serial port to the network - transparent, fast, universal
The Com-Server UL integrates a serial device into the network to industry standard via TCP/IP Ethernet. This model is UL Listed for the American market (USA / Canada).
- 1 x RS232/422/485 selectable
- 1 x Ethernet 10/100BaseT
Management and connectivity:
- Remote configuration
- Startup using Wutility (three clicks and you’re done), DHCP, serial
- Control sockets from your own applications
- Transparent communication
- Windows COM Port Redirector and virtual COM ports
- Box-to-Box, optional TLS encrypted
- TCP server sockets from your own applications
- OPC server
- Expanded protocol support
- FTP client / server
- Telnet client / server
- UDP Peer
- External power
- Screw terminal 12V-24V DC
Standards & more
- Conforms to standards both in office and industrial environments:
- High noise resistance for industrial environments
- Low noise emission for residential and business areas
- UL File No.: E254062
- 5 year guarantee
Windows COM Port Redirector
Install the COM Port Redirector and configure your serial program on one of the virtual COM ports - that’s all there is to it! Regardless of whether as a replacement for missing hardware COM ports, a solution for virtual environments like VMware, HyperV, etc., or as a simple line driver, you serial communication becomes network capable without a single line of programming. Multipoint mode and packaging options are of course also available here.
Data sheet with download link
In just a few clicks you can link 2 Com-Servers to each other logically and use an operating-system neutral, transparent and if desired TLS encrypted data tunnel through the network. Serial data are sent bi-directional and as fast as possible to the respective counterpart. Automatic reconnect functions in case of connection faults/dropouts are available as are multipoint operation and packeting options for fine tuning when using serial protocols.
To application example ...
TCP/UDP socket communication
Network programming today belongs to the standard repertoire of all programmers. Integrate your serial device simply into your own network application. Take as a TCP client control of the connection into your own hands, be contacted as a TCP server using event-driven control, or use the efficient, contactless UDP protocol. The new multipoint mode and packaging options are of course available here also.
To application example ...
Send and archive your serial data with the FTP standard tools on most operating systems. Serial outputs from scales, barcode readers etc. or status and error messages for example from UPSs are classic applications for the use of Com-Servers as FTP server or FTP client.
To application example ...
Distribute the send data from your serial device to as many as six network stations at a time. Regardless of whether you want to archive or monitor, copies of the serial data can be retrieved on a configurable slave port. Filters for the authorized IP addresses are provided to protect against unauthorized access.
Received serial protocols are often sensitive to pauses in the serial data flow. To prevent such timeouts and ensure complete transmission of the datagrams in a network packet, the Com-Server++ features numerous configuration options for detecting datagram limits (Start/Stop terminators, Start + Length, etc.).
Connections and displays:
- Serial port:
- 1x RS232-, RS422-, RS485 port, selectable
- DB9 connector plug
- 50 to 230.400 baud
- 7,8 data bits
- 1,2 stop bits
- Parity No, Even, Odd, Mark, Space
- Flow control No, RTS/CTS, Xon/Xoff
- RS422 4-wire bus master
- RS485 4-wire bus master
- RS485 4 wire with automatic control
- RS485 2 wire with automatic control
- 10/100BaseT Autosensing/Auto-MDIX
- Network connection min. 1500 V
- DC 12V .. 24V (+/-10%)
- Plug-in screw terminal, 5.08mm spacing
- Labeled "L+" and "M"
- max. 85mA @24V DC externally supplied
- 1 LED power
- 1 LED status
- 1 LED error
- 2 LEDs network status
Housing and other data:
- Plastic compact housing for top-hat rail mount
- 105x22x75mm (LxWxH)
- Enclosure rating:
- approx. 105g
- Ambient temperature:
- Storage: -40...+70°C
- Operation: 0..+60°C
- Permissible relative humidity:
- 5..95% RH, non-condensing
- Operating altitude:
- max. 2000m above sea level
- Installation height:
- < 2m
- 637,767 h @25°C per MIL-HDBK-217
- Life expectancy:
- > 25 years at 25°C ambient temperature
- Scope of delivery:
- 1x Com-Server UL
- 1x uninterruptible power supply
- 1x safety guidelines English/French
- 1x Quick Guide
- 1x product CD with COM Port Redirector, WuTility management tool,
- English manual
Send messages - when limits are violated or timer-based - for informational purposes directly to the responsible technical as an e-mail or as a reroute via SMS.
After the device has been configured for and connected to your network, the following steps are still necessary.
|Open the profile for configuring e-mail alarm messages.|
|Enter the desired parameters.|
|When the limit you have set is exceeded, the device sends an e-mail which can also be transmitted as an SMS message using special functions available from cellular phone service providers.|